Today, in honor of a youtube video I watched once and quite liked, I decided to write down 15 of my favorite feelings.
- That feeling when, in the middle of some stressful or generally unpleasant situation, I get a cup of tea and a little space of time where I don’t have to make any decisions.
- The feeling of someone gently French braiding my hair
- Splashing around barefoot in a summer rain. (Unfortunately, as an Oregonian, I almost never get to experience this wonderful feeling)
- When I’m working on a project and suddenly get this uncanny tunnel vision, where I’m so absorbed in the project that I have no concept of time passing.
- Public speaking. Oh my goodness. There is nothing like just getting to stand there and SAY the things I think, all at once, in a logical progression, and having everyone just sit there and listen. Amazing.
- Being in places or situations that are so bizarre and uncanny that it feels almost like a dream. Such as exploring a huge mostly abandoned mall in Thailand, or having a traffic jam in front of our quiet country home.
- Swimming in warm lakes.
- Hanging out with a group where it’s easy to just belong, swapping interesting ideas like they’re friendship bracelets.
- This is one of the weirder ones, but I have really vivid dreams, and every once in a while I’ll have a musical dream. They are fantastic. Lyrics just occur to me, and everyone around me dances with perfect choreography, and I have a good singing voice, and music magically plays in the background. It’s awesome.
- When I pick up a book that I know nothing about besides the title and cover picture, thus having zero expectations, and it ends up being 110% fantastic.
- Getting snail mail.
- Acting in a skit or a play and hearing the audience laugh.
- When I secretly admire someone, and then they pay attention to me.
- Sipping McDonald’s iced tea while on a sunny road trip.
- Seeing places or things in real life that I’ve only ever read about in books.
I’ve been thinking about #4 recently, and I’ll likely explore it more in a blog post later this week. But in the mean time, please tell me: what are some of your favorite feelings?